The Goose, she had a rat problem. Problem was they were actually criminals, excepting Manchego. He was an actual rat. But otherwise it was a textbook case of illegal rodent transmutation to facilitate illicit safe hacking and robbery. Maybe enough to fool your average civilian, but a Watch is no stranger to machinations.
…On account of them having gears on the metaphorical side, and having gut instinct—and also some gears—on the literal side. But a cop’s instinct comes at steep cost, namely the appreciation of literary devices and hence this exboundation upon the allusion at hand.
PERSONS OF INTEREST:
- Harold Tallsinger – Human manager of the Puckered Goose tavern. His taxes pay your salary. Has a basement full of rats.
- Drake Hardcastle – Human owner of the Puckered Goose tavern. Former champion slave-gladiator who earned his freedom.
- Klein Brixt – Halfling criminal caught attempting to rob Puckered Goose.
- Tris Krel – Halfling criminal caught attempting to rob Puckered Goose.
- Swazz Hobler – Gnome criminal caught attempting to rob Puckered Goose.
- Mula – Human criminal and safe cracker caught attempting to rob Puckered Goose.
- Suspects invaded the basement in the Puckered Goose disguised as rats to rob safe
- Roughly 500 gold and strange blue book was taken from the safe and later returned to Drake
- A poster of a black heart and a dagger, later identified as Ula La’s calling card.
- A previously animated sword, now broken, identified as the weapon used by The Honorable Horace, a previous champion gladiator.